Won’t pump water
Shurflo 4028-100-E54 Self-Priming Water Pump - 2.3 GPM
My new 4028 started making a bump-bump-bump noise when I turned it on (it works off an on/off switch). It still worked but now, although it’s definitely getting power (I still hear it ... definitely not silent) - it doesn’t lump any Water. My tank is full, 1/4 turn valves are open ... but zip comes out of the faucet. I’d guess it needs to be primed, but I’ve never had to do that before and it’s advertised as self-priming. Thanks!.
Question ID: 3380533 Status:
Open Sep 30, 2020 - 10:25 AM
Answer this question
Sep 30, 2020 - 12:26 PM
Please check for following possibility:
· Is the strainer clogged with debris?
· Is there water in the tank, or has air collected in the hot water
· Is the inlet tubing/plumbing sucking in air at plumbing connections
· Is inlet/outlet plumbing severely restricted or kinked? Restrictive
· Proper voltage with the pump operating (±10%).
· For debris in pump inlet/outlet valves or swollen/dry valves.
· Pump housing for cracks or loose drive assembly screws.
Other Questions Needing Answers