Jun 28, 2015 - 11:55 PM
STATUS INDICATOR LIGHTS: The following describes the indicator light operation: Note that the JUNIOR has a single light that will shine either RED or GREEN, while the PLUS has two separate lights, one RED and one GREEN.
- WHEN NEITHER THE RED OR GREEN LIGHT TURN ON (Both models) This is an abnormal condition and most likely indicates that the charger is not properly connected to the AC power.
- RED LIGHT FLASHING (All models except 6V Junior) The red light flashing indicates that the battery charger has AC power available and that the microprocessor is functioning properly. If the red light continues to flash, then either the battery voltage is too low (less than 3 volts) or the output alligator clips or accessory ring terminals are not connected correctly.
- RED LIGHT ON STEADY (Both models) Whenever the red light is on steady, a battery is connected properly and the charger is charging the battery. The red light will remain on until the charger completes the charging stage.
- GREEN LIGHT FLASHING (1.25A only) - When the green light is flashing, and the red light is on, the battery is greater than 80% charged and may be removed from the charger and used if necessary. Whenever possible, leave the battery on charge until the green light is solid.
- GREEN LIGHT ON STEADY (Both models) - When the green light stops flashing and burns steady, the charge is complete and the battery can be returned to service if necessary.
- ALTERNATING RED & GREEN LIGHTS FLASHING (PLUS) This is abnormal and most likely indicates either that the battery is sulfated or that there is a poor electrical connection between the charger DC output and the battery posts.